Select which cookies you accept
When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
Ormazabal is the leading provider of personalized solutions to electrical utilities, to electrical and users as well as renewable energy systems applications based on its own technology.
We encourage the development of the electrical sector towards the challenges of the future energy needs. We cooperate with the world’s leading local, regional and global companies in the electrical sector with a strong commitment to innovation towards personal safety, network reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
Our highly qualified and focused team of innovation motivated professionals have developed our own products and solutions during our more than a century long consolidated history, always by establishing close relationship with our customers aimed at achieving mutual long term benefits.
We are looking for a Electrical Engineer:
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the senior engineer with installation & commissioning activities within the projects assigned with a view to leading these activities in the future:
Support cold commissioning activities including functional testing and protection configuration and testing.
Support senior engineer in the co-ordination of installation and cold commissioning activities with customer.
- Support & collaborate with the senior engineer & QHSE in the preparation of RAMS (risk assessments and method statements) with a view to preparing RAMS independently for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with service manager to assign HR to each project.
- Collaborate with technical area to solve any issues during works.
- Receive after sales enquiries from service manager with a view to receiving these directly and deal with them internally following assignment.
- Liaise internally with any NC (none conformance) of each project in collaboration with the senior engineer & QHSE responsible.
- Working away through the week including overnight stays is a necessity.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience of the electrical industry.
- Familiarity with electrical testing principles.
- Confidence in customer interfacing on site, dealing with technical issues & reporting efficiently to the business when necessary.
- Previous experience with developing RAMS.
- Experience working with medium voltage switchgear, distribution transformers and voltage and current transformers.
Industrial DNA with 16 manufacturing centres. More than 50 years of experience. An investment in R&D&i that amounts to 3.5% of the group’s turnover and involves more than 180 professionals in 19 countries. Research and technology centre with the most modern high-power laboratory in the world and a unique Demonstration Unit (UDEX).