Ormazabal is the leading provider of personalized solutions to electrical utilities, to electrical and users as well as renewable energy systems applications based on its own technology.
We encourage the development of the electrical sector towards the challenges of the future energy needs. We cooperate with the world’s leading local, regional and global companies in the electrical sector with a strong commitment to innovation towards personal safety, network reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
Our highly qualified and focused team of innovation motivated professionals have developed our own products and solutions during our more than a century long consolidated history, always by establishing close relationship with our customers aimed at achieving mutual long term benefits.
As a Service Engineer of Ormazabal UK (OUK), your primary role will be to ensure the safe execution of all Service related Projects.
Your tasks will be predominately related to Servicing, Upgrades and Life Extension of Switchgear and ancillary equipment, can be varying in nature and to be delivered at the various customers sites, in the UK, overseas, offshore, and marine based.
The nature of our work means we’re often exposed to extreme challenges and scenarios where our skill, mentality and hunger for the best outcomes powers us through. It’s clear to us our progressive & adaptable approach is a differentiator.
As you will be the face and visible representative of Ormazabal UK, the role requires a high level of oral and written communication skills with customers but also with other departments whose support is essential in the delivery of an effective service.
It is essential that the job holder has a professional manner, is genuinely committed to continually improving the standard of customer care and can represent OUK to customers in the UK and overseas.
Support for our Service team is key and the safety of our team and clients is THE most important thing. What we’ve got is a great culture, It’s real and it makes a difference to our team; how they feel, perform and develop. We believe in our unique culture & we believe in our team!
Detailed Job Specification
The goal is to always provide our customers with an excellent experience of Ormazabal UK (OUK) products and services & you will be the face of the company.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Fielding enquires from existing customers relating to technical support, advice, and future service offerings.
- Undertaking pre-mobilisation duties, including but not limited to, Project Specific Risk Assessments, Method Statements, etc.
- Lead installation & commissioning activities within assigned projects.
- Participating and promoting a proactive and collaborative approach to Health & Safety at Ormazabal (OUK) customer premises.
- Safely performing all necessary Service related tasks at OUK & customer sites, including but not limited to, switchgear service & maintenance, switchgear upgrades & life extension projects, protection relay testing & upgrades, switchgear breakdown investigation & repairs.
- Undertaking safety, competence and task related training as identified by the company.
- Ensuring all reports & expenses are submitted in a timely manner.
- Capable of communicating to the team and be able to make decisions on queries that may arise in an effective and efficient manner, have strong problem-solving skills whilst being passionate about the customer.
- Commitment to the provision of outstanding customer service.
- Strong understanding of current and future customer needs.
- Ability to work with other departments to deliver appropriate service levels.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills which promote confidence and provide clear information.
- Systematic approach to managing a complex and changing workload.
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining clarity of vision and setting appropriate priorities.
- Ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving.
Education & Background
- Ideally the operative will be a time served apprentice in an electrical engineering background.
- Educated to a minimum ONC level in an Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Familiar with producing Technical Reports.
- Experience in the fundamentals of electrical switchgear, its operation, maintenance and fault finding.
- IT skills including familiarity with Microsoft suite programmes.
- Experience of offshore/marine working is desirable but not key.
- Experience within a challenging, customer focussed environment.
You will join an innovative company that leads the industry where you can develop your professional career.
- Electric networks
- ORMAZABAL England - Merseyside
- Employment type
- Employment level
ORMAZABAL England - Merseyside
About Velatia Careers
Industrial DNA with 22 manufacturing centres. More than 55 years of experience. An investment in R&D&i that amounts to 3.5% of the group’s turnover and involves more than 180 professionals in 19 countries. Research and technology centre with the most modern high-power laboratory in the world and a unique Demonstration Unit (UDEX).
Loading application form