Ormazabal is the leading provider of personalized solutions to electrical utilities, to electrical and users as well as renewable energy systems applications based on its own technology.
We encourage the development of the electrical sector towards the challenges of the future energy needs. We cooperate with the world’s leading local, regional and global companies in the electrical sector, with a strong commitment to innovation towards personal safety, network reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
Our highly qualified and focused team of innovation motivated professionals have developed our own products and solutions during our more than a century long consolidated history, always by establishing close relationship with our customers aimed at achieving mutual long-term benefits
Ormazabal UK is currently recruiting for a Tendering Engineer of medium voltage products and solutions. The successful candidate will be office based in our brand-new purpose-built facility in St Helens; you will be part of a global business that continues to grow in the UK power industry.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Preparation of formal commercial & technical tender proposals, firm quotations and budget prices to the public and private markets.
- Liaising with factories and internal departments (UK and Europe) to collate costs and develop technical solutions.
- Management of the internal tender approval process.
- Management of the enquiry list to ensure correct prioritisation of tenders.
- Following up quotations and obtaining technical and commercial feedback in collaboration with Sales Managers.
- Review and validate purchase orders prior to book in and handover.
- Collaboration with UK Sales Managers to ensure commonality in pricing and technical approach to the market.
- Attending customer meetings as support for Sales Manager.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge and understanding of Ormazabal products and solutions.
- Occasional travel.
- Background degree: Higher level engineering qualification (HNC, HND or degree)
- Experience years: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the power sector in a relevant role.
- Knowledge: Confident reading and understanding electrical drawings, PC literate inc. MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Competences: Excellent time management skills, proven ability to work as part of a team, both locally and internationally.
- High/Advanced English level.
- Driving licence.
- Experience of Salesforce CRM.
- Presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of medium voltage products and solutions.
- Functional knowledge of the most common protection scheme/relays
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience when questioned on any of the points above at interview stage.
In return, Ormazabal offer a rewarding employment package, which includes flexible working, private healthcare, pension scheme and a commitment to your future development.
You will join a familiar and innovative company that leads the industry where you can develop your professional career!