Ormazabal is the leading provider of personalized solutions to electrical utilities, to electrical and users as well as renewable energy systems applications based on its own technology.
We encourage the development of the electrical sector towards the challenges of the future energy needs. We cooperate with the world’s leading local, regional and global companies in the electrical sector with a strong commitment to innovation towards personal safety, network reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
Our highly qualified and focused team of innovation motivated professionals have developed our own products and solutions during our more than a century long consolidated history, always by establishing close relationship with our customers aimed at achieving mutual long term benefits.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Project Engineer whose functions will be:
- Give technical support to Sales Managers in the quotation stage.
- Analyse technical specification and RFQ documents received from customers.
- After an internal training in the Ormazabal Smartgrid portfolio of products, define and specify in collaboration with sales and production departments the Ormazabal solution including:
- Switchboard Configuration
- VT’s and CT’s requirements
- Protection and control system overview
- Distribution transformers
- LV board & auxiliary services
- Develop preliminary design as part of the quote:
- SLD’s – Single Line Diagrams
- GA’s – General Arrangement drawings of substations and switchboards
- KLD’s – Key Line Diagrams for protection and control
- Attend meetings together with Sales Managers to clarify technical details
- After receiving the purchase order, internal project management including:
- Lead the kick off meeting with the Sales Manager
- Pass technical details and scope of supply to Production and Design engineers
- Give technical support in the following:
- Design and manufacturing
- Factory acceptance test
- Installation & commissioning
- Give feedback to the customers together with the Sales Manager
- Give technical support to the rest of the organization:
- Definition of standard solutions according to market trends Approval processes and big tenders for DNO’s
To do so, you...
- Must have previous experience (6y) as an electrical engineer, preferably within the electrical contracting or utilities industries. You will possess excellent technical knowledge and be able to apply this in a practical way
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous experience of project delivery or a project management role including experience of dealing with suppliers, clients and supervision of staff.
- Working knowledge of any CAD based software ideally AUTOCAD.
- Have obtained or desire to work towards professional registration.
- Previous experience of HV networks at 11-33kV is advantageous.
- Must be available to travel on work related business throughout the UK and possible overseas with occasional overnight stays
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
You will join an innovative company that leads the industry where you can develop your professional career.
Are you ready for the challenge?